Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Chris Knott Insurance 3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pugsley-Marie

I've done it, mine was a 1.4 put a 6 engine in it and it's the best move ive done plus you dont have to go flat out to 60
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/big543/SIG567.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

how hard did you find it to do and do you need to change the interior loom in anyway?

Nope no need to fit the interia loom just the engine bay loom make sure it's the same phase 306 as yours so you'll need a phase 3 bay loom and it's just plug in and play then
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/big543/SIG567.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

As i left this 4 years ago and haven't updated due to not realy being online and other things happening in life this is now were it is up to, but looking for a gti-6 now aswel, preper for a pic whoring

Alfa Romeo 156 T-Spark (momo oem) did have the rears in aswel but took them out to make room for something else

Got rid of the old springs after they snapped and upgraded a bit

Following on with the outside new wheels bolts etc all happened back in 2013

Inside

Preparing for Pure Rally London to Edinbrough 2016

Also it has done this a fair few times since 2012 just thought i would add on, who needs a van anyway but rear beam is looking a little worse for wear now.

lol love the "van"

Much work needed to fit the seats?
    Bork Pictures Project Alloys HDi 170bhp @ 3450RPM, 284.5ft-lbs @ 2900RPM -

had to remove the rails off the Alfa seats and use some lengths of steel to make a subframe to sit on the pug rails as the Alfa seat funnilly are wider but the rails are closer together, all in all the fronts were in in just a day the rears though took 2 weekends measuring, cutting, test fitting etc. will try and find a pic with them all in, and they would fold down aswel still fully functional. Also the fronts slide on the pug rails and height adjust on the Alfa lifter, also the seat belt tensioner fits on the side perfectly.

Still got the old drivers seat, made some great use of it

Quote Originally Posted by P-Courty View Post
    had to remove the rails off the Alfa seats and use some lengths of steel to make a subframe to sit on the pug rails as the Alfa seat funnilly are wider but the rails are closer together, all in all the fronts were in in just a day the rears though took 2 weekends measuring, cutting, test fitting etc. will try and find a pic with them all in, and they would fold down aswel still fully functional. Also the fronts slide on the pug rails and height adjust on the Alfa lifter, also the seat belt tensioner fits on the side perfectly.

Still got the old drivers seat, made some great use of it
    Nice job

I build a chair like that but from a 307 leather. Was a bit too big though.

Nice car mate keep up good work lower!

The forum is not a figment of my imagination.

Cheers guys,

So at this present moment in time, this is what my day consists of

Seens as the car overheated at the tip the other day and took a pee all over the floor i decided i've had enough of relying on the air con/blower/temp sensor to switch my fans on. This is the third time they have decided not to come on at a crucial moment.

So i have a print out of the wiring and parts, looks nice and complicated, so decided all i want is the fans to have 3 options, off, half speed, full speed, and will get rid of the air con rad (as like most of you know it never works!) and get 2 slimline fans instead.

So basically the fans are wired in parallel for full speed off seperate fused supplies and the crossover relay is there to switch them to a series setup (power split between both motors) creating half speed to both.

On the phone i have an active trial circuit setup to work on how to have both half speed, both full speed and both off.

On the lovely bank holiday i decided to get the fans wired up, but ran into a problem, battery was flat, while waiting i put my temporary switches in until i get the 3 position rotory switch to control off, low and high.

After charging it up i ran it so i could move it, left it running for a while to see what the fans would do, once up to temperature, right on cue, boiled its water and spat it all out but from somewhere at the bottom of the rad (suspected a new rad now ).

So time for test meters and links, all ok the meters and circuits. Started linking to get the fans running.
    3 link pics at the bottom
    1. no links, no fan (perfect)
    2. links in, still no fan (ok somethings not right)
    3. links it, tap the fan and away we go (fan was scraping on the housing so sruggled to start).

Right so the drivers side fan actually works but needs persuation, tryed the same with the passenger side fan after linking the crossover relay aswel and nothing, tryed all different layouts, 1 fan/ low speed 2 fans / high speed 2 fans and nothing, so looks like it's going to be new rad, pipes, slimline fans, and get rid of the air con aswel.

So definately need a new rad water is dripping straight out the bottom of the bottle
    Also find out why the passenger fan wasn't working, i kind of forgot to put the fuse back in for it when testing still needed a knock like the other though, so tested single and 2 fan low and high speed all good so just rad needed

Last edited by P-Courty; 30-05-2016 at 07:43 PM.

So you're running new wire from the fans to the switches?

going to still be using the relay setup and running a cable from the dash fuse box to the switch so only has a supply on ignition, then from the switches will run 2 cables to the coils on the relays, which means the fans will still be able to draw a full load on their supplies from the engine bay fuse box.
    Basically using manual switches in place of the temp sensor and ac, so both fans will be on together in either slow or high speed.

This is how it looks on paper... phone.

Both off

Both low speed

Both high speed

Both switched of again from high speed

So, the time has come, i did finish the fan setup with slimlines retrofitted to the original cowling but as of the start of this year the car has sat in a garage trying everything to get it to pass it's m.o.t on the emissions test but it just won't.

It's time to say goodbye to good old Pugsley after 6 years, i am gutted as although it has its days it's still been a great car.

The whole car is being broken to make way for something else French (hopefully), if you need anything let me know, preferably collection though as i am struggling to get a minute to strip it let alone box and post.

I will still be on the forum and shall post a thread of the new project once i actually get it.